Journalism's First Obligation is to the TRUTH!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Satirical "News Outlets" Providing Better News?

http://www.ajr.org/Article.asp?id=4329
"One anchor, five correspondents, zero credibility. If you're tired of the stodginess of the evening newscasts, if you can't bear to sit through the spinmeisters and shills on the 24-hour cable news networks, don't miss The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, a nightly half-hour series unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity or even accuracy"
-Daily News Report

1 comment:

Erica said...

I have heard from a lot of people that they rely on the Daily Show for their news. I have watched it quite a few times, and it is very funny. They seem to cover the same stories as the regular news but they seem to have no restrictions, and they share what is on their minds and opinions. I like how that works, it seems you can learn more from them when you know they are being honest with you.